Monday, April 11, 2011

Weight Gain

Okay, for the past 3 weeks or so I've been on a quest to put on some mass.

After carefully considering all the factors in Mark Sisson's post on the subject, I went about adding some heavy lifting (read: doing the squat, the deadlift, and bench press) to my already intense workout regimen.

I have to say, I really pushed myself to eat over the past 3 weeks. I didn't boil a dozen eggs every morning and stuff my pockets, as Mark suggested, but I increased the quantity of food at each meal, and I increased the number of meals I was eating.

Results to date are that I've definitely added mass, both muscle and fat (I did start this experiment pretty lean, so I guess it had to work that way). People have actually noticed that I look bigger in the chest and shoulders (thanks, Squats!).

Anyway, I want to keep the good mass coming, but I've reached the point where I'm not happy with the un-lean mass I've put on. I'm going to look for a balance between giving my body all the resources it needs to build the strong kind of muscle tissue without force-feeding myself to the point that I end up with love handles and wonder where my bottom 4 abs went.

Further results to follow. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment