Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What it's all about

The Big 5 is all about listening to your body's clues as to what it needs. I primarily focus on eating, but also touch on fitness and other aspects of wellness.

One phenomenon that has been occuring lately is that my body has been telling me often that it's satisfied with one meal a day. If I eat a big lunch, especially if it includes these, I feel satisfied all day and night. This is true even if I work out hard, and it's refreshing to have the free time I used to have to devote to constantly fueling surges and swells in my blood sugar.

While we're on food, I had a delicious Nachos-style meatza this past weekend. Talk about delicious and satisfying cravings for things I used to like to eat. (It's not the corn chips that I miss, so this hit on all cylinders). I'll let you do your own googling if you're interested in meatza.

One issue that has come up a lot lately is one I really have a hard time looking at with regards to myself, and that's overtraining. I don't mean to keep linking to Mark Sisson, but he keeps making it hard not to want to. He's been on the issue a lot lately, and I would recommend you read at least thisthis and this, as primers on the issue. Technically, the first link is about what he calls "chronic cardio," and the associated health detriments, but it really all speaks to the same issue.

I know I had more things in mind when I sat down to post, but I'm out of time for the moment and they've slipped my mind for the time being. I apologize for the length of time between posts. I really plan to try to make a little more time for resting (and specifically sleeping), reading, and posting and less time for pushing myself beyond what I can legitimately benefit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment