Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dairy Free Day 3

No changes to report so far, as far as how I feel/perform/digest.

3 Days is a little soon to expect anything sufficiently drastic to be noticeable, however, so I'll plug on for another 27, as promised.

Not struggling at all so far to find things to eat, despite my pre-experiment concerns.

Lots of eggs, bacon, organic greens, wild-caught fish, supplemented with a handful of walnuts or almonds here and there have kept me satisfied. Drinking coffee black at work, faux-creamed with coconut 1/2 & 1/2 at home is keeping my caffeine levels sufficient.

I was hoping to fast today, but that's going to be postponed due to an obligatory breakfast sandwich party at work (Mine will be breadless and cheeseless, so more meats and eggs, basically).

That's it. So far, I don't really miss cheese, or cream. Full-fat Greek Yogurt is always an easy and tasty choice in the morning, but I don't miss it per se. I do miss its convenience.

Reading Michael Pollan for the first time. I'm most of the way through "The Omnivore's Dilemma." He seems not to understand how strong the body of research is suggesting that carbohydrates as a macronutrient staple is at the root of most of the diseases of civilization, but his exploration of the source of our foods has been extremely educational. Maybe he's just staying neutral in order to avoid alienating anyone, but I think he does so at the cost of the truth in some sense.

That's all for now. Come back often, bring your friends, and ask me some questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment