Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update

Further consideration and deeper reading of the Mark Sisson post about the insulinogenicity of dairy (due to its specific amino acid profile) has really only served to reinforce my original contention: That at the end of this whole project, I'll decide to eat dairy less as an easy go-to condiment for everything, snack for all hours, and dietarily ubiquitous calorie source, and choose only to eat it in its raw and fermented forms, or at least the very high fat versions in miniscule quantities (i.e. using a drop of heavy cream in coffee, as this serves to minimize sugar and protein content in favor of fat content).

Finished my first Michael Pollan book last night. The Omnivore's Dilemma. He has a lot of good points, but I find myself seeing more eye to eye with Lierre Keith on a lot of the subject matter. I will once again take this opportunity to recommend The Vegetarian Myth, the best thing I ever read as it relates to our relationship to the world via food, and the lies we've been led to believe about righteousness, justice, and sustainability as it relates.

That's it for this morning. Back to my coffee with a drop of almond milk. (Yuck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment