Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 5, no big deal, beef bacon

I broke down and brought some coconut 1/2 and 1/2 to work. I was tired of drinking black coffee all day.

So far, I don't really miss anything. But then again, I'm not eating prosciutto and a fig with a glass of wine and staring a gooey hunk of brie in the eye. The weekend may turn out to be a bigger challenge than the work week.

Been eating some beef bacon from US Wellenss Meats that came as part of a Christmas Gift. (8 pounds of the stuff!) It's very delicious, but reminds me far more of beef than it does of traditional bacon. I'm looking forward to enjoying some with some eggs over easy, rather than as part of the salads I bring to work.

I'm going to have to come up with a workout regimen I can preform at home soon, since I'm continually failing to find an adequate gym that fits into both my schedule and my budget. As a routine, I should be training Gracie Jiu Jitsu between 5 and 6 days a week, but I want to incorporate some true strength training, and my new apartment has some gorgeous wood beams running through the ceiling that beg to be used for pull-up type exercises.

I may spend a good part of my weekend building an adjustable sandbag apparatus. I have some ideas, but I'll post about my final results if/when I get around to actually doing it. The 117 pound bag didn't make the move with me.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment